First up, Giro d'Italia:
This race will be determined in the hills. If you're a sprint-boy, sorry about your luck...see you at Le Tour. As such Crankenstein and RideCam have based their picks on the riders who are strong in the hills and have a team who can support such an effort. Oddly enough our picks were identical, except for the second podium position. They are as follows:
Crank-masta-flex
1. Basso
2. DiLuca
3. Savoldelli
RideCam-a-cam-a-cam-a-chameleon
1. Basso
2. Cunego
3. Savoldelli
Crank questions my second pick, Cunego, because his team may not prove to be sufficient to support his effort through the challenging course. He may be right. We'll have to wait and see. Who will win the Maglia Rosa?
THIS JUST IN: Crankenstein writes, "editorial note: betting with my big brains i have him [Savoldelli] placed 3rd, although my heart is rooting for il falco to don the maglia rosa in milan." Always rooting for the home team...I hear ya. I would love to see Danielson shine, but alas, I think he will be the workhorse. The life of a domestique, although DC has done a tremendous job of thinning those lines since Lance's departure.
Check out OLN every Sunday for race highlights or check out their coverage on OLNTV.com. Other sites to watch:
Here's the start list.
* Crankenstein is better known as Brad Snyder who hails from
them thar Harford hills.
** RideCam requests to remain anonymous due to the beating he is
about to give Me Llamo Bradley.
Personal Ride News
Mountain Biking. Team Enter the Draggin' is in our final month of training for the 24 Hours of Big Bear. With grand aspirations of competing on a 29er SS, I think I will end up taking my Sugar Race instead.
Road riding. I have taken the MintyMonster on a couple road rides which have been a pleasurable separation from straight mountain biking.
Commuting. If the weather cooperates, I will be commuting next week or I will take down this website...My word is bond!!
1 comment:
editorial note: betting with my big brains i have him placed 3rd, although my heart is rooting for il falco to don the maglia rosa in milan.
Post a Comment