Monday, September 18, 2006

WOW...

...I really suck at this. So, no more promises...

A series of fortunate events:

Dragon Boat. The PHH crew paddled to a third place finish during Catholic Charities bi-annual Dragon Boat Race. Thirty teams showed up, four made it to the finals...and our crew took third. Not a bad day at all, considering it was a double elimination tourney and we only lost once. I can't wait until 2008!

Mountain Biking. With Dragon Boat practices and other wordly duties, mountain biking has taken a dramatic back seat. From riding 3- 4 days a week to once every two weeks...ouch. I hope to get in at least two rides a week on the single dinga. I think I'm going to shelf the geared monster for the year, unless we hit any monster rides...we'll see

Roadie Time. I recently purchased a new Bianchi Giro, which served me well in the 2006 version of the Maryland Wine Fest Asthma Metric Century Ride. Hoppe, Dean and myself finished the epic (i.e. hilly) ride a little over 4 hours, which is a pretty good clip considering what little training we had. It was a great event. Most likely I will be riding more road than mountain until it gets too cold to ride on the road.

The Empire Begineths. Family Chesnik BrewHaus...'Nuff said.
Kickin' Ass and Drinkin' Beer. And I'm almost out of my home brew. Time for round two. I have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head: Mocha Porter, Fat Tire Replicator, Pumpkin Ale, etc. I must make more beer, 'cuz I can't kick ass. The following is the little number Hoppe worked out for my for our first pilsner.

The backstory: My bro's nickname was "Bub". We shared some of our best times over a couple wobbly pops...probably the first time we ever truly bonded above the regular brother-brother relationship. He was great role model for me and I miss him deeply...Here's to you bro!

Football. Believe it or not...I'm actually getting into watching football. By the end of the season I may know more about he NFL then my wife...maybe. I see a morning road ride which dovetails nicely into a pre-game beer/shower...then grill. Noice!

No comments: