Last year: Our numbers grew and we grew stronger. We looked beyond ourselves into other realms of the adventurous world of sport. We took the absurd and made it tangible. We drank more beer than any other living human.




This year: We awaken the sleeping giant that all athletes have feared. Oh, and have a shit ton more fun (I believe "shit ton" is metric) and drink more beer.
The schedule I devised incorporates all the disciplines I've come to love as a nut-jobber. Also, I've attempted to weave in events that everyone I've emailed would appreciate, because I enjoyed racing/training/talking trash with every single one of you.
On to the schedule. Only those races in bold are set in stone. Otherwise, I'm up for any changes suggestions, because I never get anything right the first go-round.
Racin' 2008 presented by the good people at RideCam
Jan-April: Train and a 5k of someone's choosin'
April: Garrett Petronchak Memorial 5K
May 4: Frederick Half Marathon
May 24: Odyssey Wild and Wonderful
June 7: Big Bear
July 26: Roanoke One-Day Adventure
September 6: Off-Road Halfy
September 20: MD Wine Fest Ride
October 5: Venture Quest AR
November: JFK 50 miler
Turkey Day: Way Station Turkey Trot 5K
Whenever: Climb Mt. Washington or some US mountain with the wiley Lobley clan!
For those up to the challenge I offer these words of commendation, by way of rock god, Bon Scott:
"For those about to rock. Fire! We salute you"
No comments:
Post a Comment