Dogfish Head AleHouse

K and I went to the Dogfish Head AleHouse on Friday night, in an effort to go to restaraunts in other parts of the world. This choice was heavily influenced by your's truly. Dogfish has some of the best beers in this part of the world and we are lucky that they are close by.
We started the evening with a short stay at the bar waiting for a table to open up. K indulged in the finest of sodas and I started off with a Burton Baton offered in a snifter glass. I may have chosen a easier beer to kick off the night, but it was tasty all the same.
We then immediately got our table and started the feast. We began with a three cheese crab dip. Next beer up: Raison D'Etre . Then we made our minds' up for the entree and we both went with pizza... I went with the seafood pizza and K went with a spicy pizza. Both delicious. Pizza loves beer, and beer loves pizza. I went with a Snowblower Ale next, not because it went the best with pizza, but it is only available in draft...I had to go for it.
Our dinner filled with great conversation even with the fact that K was slightly under the weather. We talked and ate for over 2 hours. So why end the party there? We got an excellent chocolate cheesecake which prompted me to take it a step further with a year-old World Wide Stout. This was an excellent pairing. What an excellent night! Why end it there, K allowed me to have one more nightcap. We sat at the bar and people watched as a quaffed a Olde School Barleywine. Upon finishing the wonderful night, we picked up another momento for both of us.
And yes, K so graciously drove home with me in tow. She was all hopped up on soda :)
No comments:
Post a Comment