I am going to give this blog thing a shot. I'm not too good at keeping things updated, so please don't hate!!! I plan on keeping a journal of my biking exploits, including my commutes, weekend road rides, weekly mountain bike jaunts and other biking adventures.I also plan to jot down the fun, trivial stuff that makes my world go 'round - most notably my beautiful wife, K, the dog the world will come to know and love, Cobi Joan, my wonderful fam and the greatest friends in the world!
On with the ride! My work commute takes me from the heart of Glyndon, Maryland to the flourishing rural PHH headquarters in Sparks, MD. A round trip will log you 28.2 miles on the back roads. A pretty decent ride filled with some short steep ascents and some slow grinders. The plus side is that the ride has it's fair share of fast rollers. It definitely gets this "bad morning" person up and ready for the work day. I don't need no stinkin' coffee (kidding...send me all the samples you want :).
TODAY'S RIDE: WORK COMMUTE
Morning
Distance: 14.1 miles
Time: 56 minutes
Avg Speed: 15.1 mph
Conditions: Starting to heat up. 85 degrees (Felt like 95)
Evening
Distance: 14.1 miles
Time: 1hr 01 min
Avg Speed: 14 mph
Conditions: Holy @#$%!!! It was HOT. Not "geez, I have sweat on my brow" hot, but "something smells like melting rubber" hot. I typically don't make excuses about riding in the extreme elements, but today was rididulous!!
No comments:
Post a Comment