A picture says a thousand words. I should have racked out with my pup this morning. She had the right idea. So I am commuting in to work this AM and I run over some road debris that I failed to negotiate. I was ready for the ensuing pit stop. I pull off the tire and tube in record time and did the usual once over for any possible tire or wheel damage...none. I start to slightly inflate my spare and I hear...hisssssssssss! Oh shnikees! The spare was also popped. Fantastic! No patch kit, no second spare, no luck!!However, I did just re-enter the digital age and picked up a cell phone last week. After multiple commutes and endless road rides, I've never really had the need for a phone. I just had a feeling that I should get one in case of emergency. Someone is smiling down on me. Not that this was life threatning, but I would still be hoofin' it on Butler Road without it.
So, I call my wife, but she's in a meeting. I call a couple times in hopes that her phone makes some sort of noise...no dice. I call my buddy, Keith, who luckily was in B-more, but unluckily had an appointment. There is light at the end of this tunnel though. His wife was at home and she was able to gather my sorry butt. THANK YOU BEC! There's a bottle of vino with you name on it somewhere!
Now on to the real problem. My tires are quite possibly the worst selection ever!!
They are size 20 Michelin Axials made for racing and I'm assuming on the most pristine of surfaces. I picked them up cheap...now I know why!!!They have given me grief ever since I bought them. Well they are being sent to the archives and this kid is picking up a new set of super duty's!! Hopefully this minimizes my troubles. I'm also going to start carrying a patch kit and a CO2 pumpOh well, I'm safe....The funniest part happened while I was waiting on the side of the road. I hear a jingle come from my bag denoting that my wife was calling...Always look on the bright side of life {insert whistle}.
TODAY'S RIDE: Commute (kinda)
Morning
Distance: 4ish miles by bike, 4ish by Envoy, remainder by Jeep
Evening
Distance: Whatever the distance to the LBS is.
No comments:
Post a Comment