Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm Mr. Heat Miser....

Wow...that's all I got! I was fully prepared to commute this morning when I turned on the morning news. The weather man said there was a good chance of thunderstorms, some severe - which I guess is always the case during the dog days of summer. The kicker was the 107 degree Heat Index slated for my ride home. Now I'm not opposed to harsh riding conditions, but I'm not riding in that kind of weather unless I'm hanging out with this guy:


I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One
They call me Heat Miser,
What ever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch
I'm too much!


*For those not in the know, my riding partner would be the Heat Miser from Rankin-Bass fame and above is his little ditty.

In other news, I successfully campaigned for a bike rack for my work's parking lot. I asked for a covered space, but a rack will do...for now. I thought there were only two commuters, but it turns out that there are a few more, which is great to see. It is somewhat ironic, however, being that I work at one of the world's largest fleet vehicle management companies.

Speaking of work...I need to start!!!

The first annual 24 Hours After Party is in the planning stages set to take place at Gambrill State Park. THe EtD crew is looking forward to a weekend full of riding. The tricky part will be finding the time for all to be there. Bikes, Beers and Bratwurst...life should always be so good. We are also looking to hit up the local brew pub, Brewer's Alley...life is good, indeed!!

Ride On!!

Logo created by Matt Hoppe

TODAY'S RIDE: NADA

Both my plan and back-up plan (evening loop around Owings Mills) got scratched due to weather. It also looks like it will foil my Thursday ride at Loch Raven. That and the fact that both my Surly and Sugar need some serious attention. I am packing my commute gear for a heater tomorrow!

No comments: