Friday, October 21, 2005

Wet Commute

I woke up yesterday having watched the weather report late the night before. Skies are crispy and clear! A little cold, but tolerable. So I head in to work. Feeling great! A Senior VP catches me in the parking lot and said what a wonderful way to start the day. Indeed, it is!

So, the day dredges on and I look out the window in anticipation for my ride home. What are all these dark clouds about? Hmmm. I check out accuweather.com and low and behold rain. I'm not afraid of riding in the rain, but I do fear the drivers. So I ask my boss if I could shove out a little early. With great delight, she said yes. So I get ready to roll out of the parking lot and here comes the rain! Not the typical warm tropical showers of late spring and summer, but the first cold rain of the season. The first couple of minutes were a shock to the system.

Well at least it was 3 o'clock, not too many cars on the road. Wrong. Now what we have are big ol' school busses. Gotta love the ever changing world of commuting.

Got home to a big ol' pasta dinner and a warm shower.

Gambrill isn't looking too good this weekend...updates to come.

No comments: