Trainin' again. Looks like I will be spinning indoors...again. Awfully boring. I plan to hit the road or trails on Saturday. Something nice and long!

V-Day. Tonight, I cook dinner (like usual) for my special lady. I plan on making mussels a la biere et frites. Otherwise known as mussels in beer broth and fries. It's a Belgian dish. The mussels call for a Flanders Red Ale, so I picked up Rodenbach Grand Cru - some for the dish, more than some for me. The rest of the recipe includes cream, butter and bacon - so I don't think I can go wrong. I would probably eat my arm if those ingredients were on it.
To compliment the mussels, I am attempting to duplicate the Brewer's Art Rosemary and Garlic fries...so good. If I master this recipe, the next time I leave the house may be during the Dr. Phil show when they knock down a hole in my house big enough to back an ambulance in and cart my big ass to the hospital.
Hammer Bar. I just got these bad boys today after waiting a couple months on backorder. I received 15 chocolate and 10 almond raisin. I sampled one for breakfast and one as my midday snack. They are both very delish. This will remain one of my go-to's for meal/snack replacement and pre-ride fuel. It's a great whole food, organic alternative, which will become a main staple for me. I need to knock out the sugar and processed-adled foods out of system...it is zapping the energy out of me...fo' shizzle! I am also looking to stock up on other Hammer/E-cap products for my commuting/race season. Indeed!To all...Happy V-day...wrap your arms around yourself...you just received a hug from me...I'm out!
No comments:
Post a Comment