...I can always be a fireman. Say what?!
My department at work had our holiday party last evening at our fearless leader's house. Fantastic house, even better time. The comaraderie is something we haven't shared in a long time. Of course a little vino and beer will always spice up the night.
I digress. What's all this fireman stuff about? A little after halfway through the evening a bunch of us were gathered in the kitchen. A co-worker walked into the dining room where the food was laid out and let out a shrill...manly...with a touch of girlie. We run in to see what has happened and before our eyes we had a fire. Not a little fire, but a fire that would have gotten nasty in a couple of seconds had we not taken action any quicker. A centerpiece had caught fire when the candles burned too low.
It's amazing how the mind freezes up in a situation like that. Here stood our boss looking dumbfounded and everyone else running around with cocktail cups of water trying to put out the blaze...which is basically the equivalent of spitting on a forest fire. Finally, we ran the centerpiece out side and stomped it out.
What could make this event any crazier you ask? During this time, the other half of our department, sitting in another room not 10 feet away, had no clue what was happening. The kicker, a minute or so after the event someone came walking in to the kitchen. Apparently the smoke had made its way into their room. They asked if we had been smoking weed...effing hil-arious. Of course it was the last person on Earth I would have expected that comment from.
That's about all the adventure I could handle yesterday...No feats of physicality took place other than sprinting with a blazing centerpiece. I do, however, need to make sure I do something tonight, including making an effort to create a modified training plan for the adventure race.
真実-iness
That's right! RideCam has gone international. I landed my first international visitor hit last night. I assume it was from an adult site, but hey, it's a start.
I'm truthed out from yesterday...if something pops up today, I'll be sure to open the kimono for all to peruse.
No comments:
Post a Comment