Saturday, December 23, 2006

International Holiday Party of Mayhem

Kickin' off Christmas weekend with some international flair. My friend, Hoppe, dished up about a dozen delicacies from around the world and spanning various religious festivities. Approximately 20 people came to enjoy the - hopefully - inaugural event.

The menu favorite seemed to be the cocomut shrimp with peanut sauce. So good. And the drink of the night had to be Amarula. Again, so good.

What makes this night so mayhem-ish? Well, I head out to my car at the end of the evening while talking to Hoppe. We are standing on his porch and I look at the space my car was parked - no car. Awesome. I presume my car was stolen. I walk inside...calmly...and call 911. I reported it stolen. A couple of minutes later they call back and tell me it is at an impound lot. So, Hoppe drives me up to the lot to get my truck...I drive home. The end.

Apparently, they have a crotchety, old neighbor who had it towed. No "Do Not Park" signs were to be found - anywhere. I wasn't in the mood for fighting it...just get my car and roll home.

Lil' Bit O' Truthiness - I live a comfortable life, so I'm not going to complain. However, all I want for Christmas is...no more tests of sanity for a while...please!

No comments: