Sorry for the lapse in timely posting. I've been pretty busy with work and have been ramping up my marathon training - both have left me too pooped to even think about writing at night. The last week consisted of approximately 30 running miles and 30 bike miles - I fear the worst for this marathon as I don't think I am training right. I had forescasted a 4:00 marathon, which may be a little aggressive (and by a "little", I mean a lot)!
On the otherhand of my physical feats, my riding has taken on a whole new level of hammer-festing. I'm not sure what has gotten into me, but my normal trails are becoming very second nature and very easy to ride - on a singlespeed even! So, that's fun.
August 17th will be the kick-off for Zack and my attack on the C&O Canal. We will attempt to cover 184.7 miles from Cumberland to Georgtown. Zack on his trusty Trek and me on a handcrafted singlespeed grocery monster! Should be good to hit the trail with the Z-man!
This weekend I hit the Hoke nuptials. He and Fanny are getting their hitch on at the Links of Gettysburg. I better get out the good 'links! Hoping Fanny has a lot of hot, single, female doctors and/or nurses...I don't judge (hot, single and female - basic criteria).
Done writing. More proposal writing :(
No comments:
Post a Comment