Monday, August 13, 2007

Woot!

Hello RideCam'rs. Another weekend down, but what a fun weekend it was.

Friday was my day off from running, so Hop and I were going to bike bar hop through Fell's Point, Fed Hill and other B-more brew spots. I had intended to pick up the last critical tool needed to finalize my new bike build, an 18 mm cone wrench, but alas every bike shop I went to had every size except. This effort goes against my highly ingrained ABP-mentality (Always Be Prepared).

We opted out of the ride based on these signs (last time I said we shouldn't ride based on tire issues, I ended up endo'ing off a wire mesh bridge and collecting scar tissue tattoos on the insides of my knees. So a barhoppin' we went.

Saturday, I headed up to the 'Ville to get my LSD run out of the way. I started my HR training, running at 150-160 BPMs. I was conversational the whole way (I ran by myself) and averaged a little over 11 minutes per mile. I'm happy with that for now.

Afterwards, I got prepared for Jeff Hoke's nuptials at the Links of Gettysburg. It was like a mini high school reunion with a majority of friends in attendance along with their parents. Nothing could have been prettier than the weather, except for the bride, Fanny, who was absolutely glowing. After a lot of catching up, some great food and some wobbly pops, Z-man and I headed back to downtown Frederick for a couple more brews and second dinner - then we called it a night.


Sunday, I woke up around 9:30 and hit the road for a quick 3-mile recovery run. Noshed on some of the world's best pancakes and fruit whipped up by me Ma and then hit the road to pick up my pup.

Back to the real world again, which I should actually get back to...

No comments: