Haven't posted for a while. My athletic prowess has been lacking, although I have been running and riding...just not in the systematic way that I have been. I'm re-re-launching my marathon training next week. My ankle is starting to feel better, but I want to make sure that I'm not grinding it out prematurely.
Last week, I was able to get in two real solid mountain bike rides. Some very good mileage at Loch Seminary. Hoppe reacquainted me with the other trails on the eastern side of providence. Some awesome downhills and a gnarly uphill. Throw in some road climbs and you have a fun little addition. I have been enjoying the hell out of my single speed. It's a nice release from the mind-twisting worries of derailleurs and suspension.
I have been running as well, but nothing over 5 miles. I feel good, but I don't want to push the ankle.
This past weekend, was a athletics-free weekend. Grandmapalooza was on my plate, which started Friday. Friday afternoon we headed to Urbana to the Edmarve Farm for a weekend of debauchery. Wilson and I picked up some beers and found our way to a little piece of heaven on Prices Distillery Rd.
The Friday poker tourney was going to be underway at 6:30, so I had to get the tent up tout suite. And by tent, I mean carnival, big top proportions. I enlisted the help of Zack, Wilson, Harne and Fair to get the monster up. After some engineering, the bad boy was up - about 45 minutes later. Luckily, Little Harry wakes up doing shit or we might have been out of luck.
The tent became the transient home to many, but the permanent residence to Wilson, Z-man and myself. Barker became a Saturday crasher. Tent City has a number of other inhabitants who took residence outside the safety of the monster. The hope is that Tent City increases in numbers next year.
It was great seeing everyone there. In addition to the beer bus, the huge "Pimp My Smoker" with whole hog a cookin' and the new gaming rage, Cornhole - we were audibly delighted by the sounds of Bluegrass Blend.
Guesstimates are hovering at around 300 attendees. I can't wait for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment