Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rest for the wicked....

Wicked exhausted that is...nyuck, nyuck, nyuck! After a nearly debilitating weekend, a "shake the pain" run on Monday, and a chill ride (aka blazing fast ride) at Loch last night...this kid is gonna chill for a night or two. Maybe get a nice six-pack, grill some meat, chill on the patio with the neighbors, hang with the dog.....or go on a five-mile run.

We'll see.

In any light, I'll be watching the tour replay tonight. So maybe a nice French red and a baguette are in order.

So about last night's ride. I get to the Seminary parking lot and casually get ready for the ride while waiting for Hop's arrival. All decked out, tuned-up the single dinga, and prepped myself for the self-proclaimed easy ride that awaited me. I had forewarned Hoppe that in no way was I going to turn myself inside out.

Well, the ride kicked off and the easy pace was set. and then two miles in...off to the races!!!! Miraculously I felt great. We hit some trails that I haven't ridden in a LONG time, on the backside of the reservior near the dam. Hoppe put on a clinic and then I thought it was wise that I too put on a clinic...

It ended up being one of our fastest rides of the year. Both on singles. I've never been as strong on the Rig as I was yesterday. At the end of the ride, I was tapped out of water and I wanted to sleep on the church lawn.

HEY PRO CYCLISTS...STOP EFFING DOPING!!!!!!

It's not often a person applauds a whole country...but YAY Germany:

"We just received the news that the German public channels ARD and ZDF have indeed decided to pull the plug until the doping case of Sinkewitz is further investigated. The channels have said they hope that their action will send a strong signal to all of those involved in cycling."

Although I would be one PO'd TdF watcher...Versus better not follow suit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gc after first time trial
-------------------------
b -
valverde (11th) = 20
vino (9th) = 12.6
evans (2nd) = 0
leip (5th) = 1.4
mench (16th) = 13.2
total: 47.2

c -
vino = 16
valverde = 16.2
menchov = 20.8
kloden (4th) = 0
hincapie (35th) = 30 (capped)
total: 83

your consolation is zabriskie dropped out the stage before the tt! so you take another pint. the sixer will be mine though.