It's been too long for me. I'm getting the shakes. I need trails...pronto. Between work, house, and other extracurriculars, I haven't spent proper time on the bike. Scratch that. Proper time on the bike trails. I've spent a couple sessions on the trainer...the masochistic contraption. Oh, I smile when I'm on it, but I don't mean it!
I'm waiting for the Rig to get here. At least it's winter, so I don't have to pain for my bike during the best riding days. Speaking of pining for a bike...Volk is ready to rock-n-roll. He heas already taken the maiden voyage on his Blur and received his first flat. Just 'cause they're new, don't mean they're bomb-proof. He also equipped himself with another light, helmet and winter booties. I guess that means we'll be doing plenty of winter/snow rides...I'm down!
Me llamo Bradley called me out this weekend stating that the bike content has gone to the toilet and the beer content has gone way up. Merely a reflection of current times my friend. However, the point is well taken and I will put my best foot forward...Always at least a 50/50 split. Oh by the way Brad, when is the last time you hopped on a bike?? Oh SNAP! (ed note: Brad would probably still school me on the road.)
So what happened this weekend.
Friday: Relaxed with the women. Watched a couple of movies. WARNING BRAD, BEER CONTENT. Had two new beers. Rogue Chocolate Stout...yum-dog. Made with real chocolate. Would be a great dessert beer. Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Stout. YESPLEASE! I also quaffed Magic Hat's Saint Goetz. It's a Dark Wheat Ale. Not my favorite, although I've never had a dark wheat ale before, so I can not base a true comparison. It smelled awful and tasted worse. I wouldn't pawn it off on my worse enemy. Although I wouldn't pawn most beers off to anyone.
Saturday: Had a nice little Saturday again. Did some housework, rolled on the trainer, then headed out on the town to celebrate some bdays with my boys. Brad and Shick turned older so we had a reason to celebrate. Cast of characters: Brad, Schick, Bum, Bucky and me. We headed to Fells Point and ended up in Canton trying to relive our glory years. From the sounds of Schick's voice mail the next day - Bars 1, Guys 0. There was apparently a lot of praying going on the next day. Porcelain God 1, Guys 0. Luckily I got out unscathed. Good times fellas.
Sunday: Are you ready for some football! I went to the Ravens/Steelers game. G-damn there are a ton of fanatics. Lots of fights over overpaid football players due to an enormous amount of alcohol. The game was relatively boring until it got to OT. Then the teams started to play like they were actually enjoying competition. Thanks to Volk for securing the tickets for Hoppe. Thanks to Hoppe for inviting me. We had great seats! Oh, and I think I am going to sue the Ravens for price gouging. I paid $16 for two beers...Miller Lites! That's retarded! I ended the evening by coming home to a nice cheesesteak which my wife secured for me...She's the best.
That's all folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment