ROCK
Made a couple iTunes purchases recently. I have been listening to bootleg versions of the John Butler Trio mostly garnered through Kazaa, so finally I decided to pay the man! I picked up his latest album, Sunrise Over Sea, which is everything I have come to expect...very organic and soulful. I'm a huge acoustic anything fan and for most of the album that's what you get. There's a lot of flavor wrapped in his style - a little rock, a little jam band, a little blues, a little bluegrass. I definitely recommend giving it a spin if you get the chance.
I also picked up Jamie Cullum's TwentySomething. This was more of a surprise for the wife, but I ended up taking a liking to it. He's a hard one to pin a label on, but a safe answer would be a Harry Connick-ish type musician with tons and tons of energy. Apparently his live show is a whirlwind and he's not afraid of doing covers, which I guess means that he's not overly in to himself. He did a decent rendition of Hendrix' Wind Cries Mary on the TwentySomething album. Although it hasn't been in heavy rotation, it's been a nice edition to mix up the musical selection.ROLL
Hop and I are hitting up the season's first real night ride at Loch. Should be a blast. More to come! I am jonesin' for the JohnnyRide to come in! Man, if this is a fraction of what it's like expecting a new born, I may explode!
3 comments:
Check out is live stuff at:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=John%20Butler%20Trio%3A%202005
Good stuff!
Indeed young grasshopper...indeed. I already have a couple shows on the trusty iPod thanks to you.
if we're dropping music links here: http://www.pandora.com/ discover music you love but didn't know about.
Post a Comment