Monday, November 07, 2005

Long Weekend

I'm glad to be back at work so I can wind down from the weekend. It was a long one.

Friday evening started off with me heading to Bill Bateman's to get some wings for din-din. As I waited for the wings I had a couple Brewer's Art Ressurections...yum-dog! The wings came and I darted home to see my beautiful wife with wings in tow. I came home to a voice mail that she was going to happy hour and asked me to come down. Well, I had two nice belgian beers in my belly, a peck of little spicy chickens and a sixer of Clipper City's Loose Cannon Hop 3 Ale to be dealt with. So I told her to have fun and I was on my way to lounging with my co-pilot, Cobi.


Loose Cannon, a part of the Rough Seas brews, was a tasty number packed with a powerful hoppy taste. You have to be a fan of hops to enjoy. If not, I do not recommend it. Here's what Clipper City had to say about it:


ABV: 7.5%
Malts: Crisp English Pale, Carapils, and Munich
Hops: Magnum, Centennial, Chinook, Amarillo and Palisade
Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale is a triple hopped IPA containing over 3 pounds of hops per barrel. Not for the faint of palate, it has an intensely floral, spicy, and citrusy hop aroma and flavor. Available year round in October 2005


Saturday, my family came up to help Kris and I paint our family room and hang waincoting in our downstairs bathroom. My pop did a bang up job hanging the waincoting. It's nice having an expert teach this young jedi. I believe my mom found her calling as a ceiling painter. She definitely amazed herself and I was tickled pink to see her knock out the entire ceiling. The basement looks amazing now!

Till next time...See ya!

No comments: