Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good ol' Mr. Buffet

...not Warren (although I'm a big fan). Nope, I mean the Jimmy "It could be my fault/Salt-salt/wubba-wubba-wubba/fins to the left" variety.

I've had his tunes whippin' through my head the past couple of days. He is definitely one of the modern era's greatest poets, speaking to generations of fans who so desperately crave the lifestyle he touts in his lyrics.

One chorus has been resonating in my brain bucket though. It sums up for me, how life should be lived:

I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck,
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while Im livin than live while I'm dead.

God damn right, Mr. Buffet!



Adventure Race countdown: T minus 3 days and counting. The weather calls for rain...cross fingers that the rain will come after we cross the finish line first!

No comments: