I tried the trainer a couple nights ago, but the ankle didn't appreciate it. I haven't been able to train for a couple weeks, so I am starting to wither away and I am getting mildly depressed. I worked too hard to lose what I achieved - I guess a little microcosm into the bigger picture of my life.
At least I have a couple goals in mind that have been very motivating. However, these same goals have heightened my anxiety for now because I can't train. So what's a man to do - create a training guide during the down time. If I can't be physical with my goals, I might as well knock out the mental/strategic aspect.
Here's what is on RideCam's platter o' fun this year:
Date: Race @ Location (racing with)
Jan 13: National College Sprint Series AR #1 @ Natural Bridge, VA (Jimmie Jam)
May 06: Frederick Half Marathon @ Frederick, MD (Keither - possibly others)
May 26: Odyssey Wild, Wonderful 24 HR AR Series #2 - New River Gorge, WV (Jimmie Jam)
Jun 09: 24 Hours of Big Bear @ Hazelton, WV (Enter the Draggin')
Jul 15: XTERRA EX2 Off-Road Duathlon @ Flintstone, MD (???)
Oct 13: 24 Hours of Moab @ Moab, UT (Enter the Draggin')
Oct 28: Marine Corps Marathon @ Arlington, VA (Keither)
These are the races I will definitely be attending. Others may be added but my focus is on the endurance-type races. I always wanted to run a marathon, so hopefully this year I can knock that off my list. I am really excited to participate in more adventure races.
Send good vibes of healing RideCam'ers!
No comments:
Post a Comment