Friday, I headed down to Frederick to indulge in a every couple week tradition - Sushi with Keither. We have become known customers to the sushi chef and have scored sushi bar seats ala Norm. We dined with the owner of Cafe Kyoko and took part in the birthday celebration of his buddy. We were eating all sorts of Japanese cuisine...RideCam loves the Japanese hot sauce and steak...delicious. We ended up hopping around from bar to bar to see if we would run into any oldheads and saw a couple friends from high school.
About five hours later, I was on the road to NYC with the NoVa boys to hang out for the evening with Z-ball's college crew. RideCam loves road trips. The ride up was chock full of funny stories, movie quotes and Zack's dead insides being emitted through his mouth. Once in New York, we unloaded at the Double Tree and headed to Zack's buddy's apartment. There I fell in love. With Big Buck Hunter II. We had a couple beers and shot at digital deer with a sawed of orange shotgun for a little while before heading out to eat. The rest of the night became somewhat of a blur due to the frenetic pace we were setting - I've never been in so many cabs, but here are the bulletpoints (not in any particular order - especially chronologically):
- German restaurant, great German beers, served in appropriate glasses
- Saw our "hosts" new sports bar venture, pre-remodel - their idea sounds pretty solid.
- Went to a bar that was absolutely empty and ten minutes later it was absolutely packed.
- Crocs are a bad idea with wind chills in the single digits
- Cab drivers never get bored of hearing, "Are you the Cash Cab?" - well, we never got bored of asking.
- Playing more Big Buck Hunter
- Eating cake
- Acting foolish
- Night, night
The ride home went something like this - Zzzzzz, Zzzzzzz. Thanks Newb! Thanks all - I had a blast, but I'm sure I owe you all dinner (this makes two for Big Wil).
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment