Thursday, February 08, 2007

Back in the fight!!!

I just got back from a 2.5 mile run. I have sweat dripping from my brow onto the keyboard, like drops of water from a downspout after a fresh spring drizzle. My adrenaline is peaked and I am glowing from the inside. I actually feel my body smiling in my general direction, as to say, "Thanks Cam. We needed that. You rock."

Here's back atcha body! It's been way too long. Four weeks too long. After being riddled with an unshakeable chest infection and then a twisted ankle on my first "healthy" day back...I finally felt like it was time to test and push this old stallion into action.

Out of the gates...nothing spectactular. No land speed records were broken. I wasn't expecting spectacular...mediocre at best. However, my morale has ratcheted up about 100 clicks and I feel like I'm in a good position to tackle this year's race goals.

On another note, there is something to this whole seasonal funk that I've read so much about lately. I never gave it much mind. I've always been relatively active my whole life, all throughout the year. No time for "funk". The lay-off, though needed to heal, was rattling my otherwise upbeat personailty to the core. I wasn't Droopy Dog or headed for the ol' prisoner's neck tie...not even a thought. But dammit to hell if I didn't fall into the doldrums of the dreadful habit of flopping myself in front of the idiot box from the time I got home until I closed my eyes to slumber. I wasn't even motivated to read...and I like to read.

In a nutshell, I thrive on activity or I suffer within the talons of inaction - and it's a very hard grip to tear away from.

Today's RideCam Word o' the Day: MOTIVATION

To note, the ankle did nag a little, so tomorrow I'll take it easy on the bike. Hopefully I'll be able to hit a nice distance on my bike - outside - this weekend.

No comments: