I am no longer built for the late nights and raucous behavior that I honed in my college days. The past couple of days definitely reminded me of that.
Thursday. A few buddies and I rallied around Fed Hill and hit up dinner and some local watering holes. Lost bank cards...never to be found again. Got up Friday and ran a couple miles and felt good as new.
Friday. Volk and I hit the Rock and Roll Hotel in DC to see Lake Trout. A good location although a little smokey, and it was also an all ages show which always seems to louse up the atmosphere. We ended up getting home around 3:00 am.
Saturday. Needless to say, it didn't take too much to de-motivate me from running or hopping on the trainer...my body needed rest in more ways than one. So I wrote off Saturday. OK, so I did jog a little...then watched Tenacious D.
Sunday. I spent the day watching football in DC with my boys and then we painted the town...starting at Four Courts for dinner and then all points around the nation's capital. The intention was to see George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, which got nixed due to outrageous ticket price and the proximity of good bars. It was a fun evening for sure...what a great way to end such a weird year!
So...now my focus is the upcoming AR race. More details to come. Oh and I'm also planning on running the Marine Corps marathon in October...
No comments:
Post a Comment