I had a nice little weekend planned. Friday, after work, had me prepping my run clothes and then I took a little nap. This turned into the longest nap ever...opening my eyes around 11:30pm. Damn..there went Friday. I scarfed down a granola bar and called it a night.
Saturday morn, I hit the trails in the morning. Unfortunately it wasn't with Hop, his bike was in the shop. I ran Soldier's Delight. Five miler. Used the new Garmin. It's a nice training tool. Afterwards, I headed to Fredrock to spend the weekend with the folks. Did some marathon shopping with my mom and aunt. Afterwards we headed to Brewer's Alley.
Next morn, I woke up at the break of dawn and hit the pavement for a run. It turned out to be a 4.25 miler. I was hoping for 5, but I'm testing the routes in Walkersville. I think I know where I can add mileage and still be safe and have fun on the roads. It was a scorcher, even in the early morning. The heat was already radiating up from the asphalt.
I also found a new nature park, which I've passed a thousand times during my youth but never ventured in. The Fountain Rock Nature Center houses a limestone quarry and kiln plant. It was a pretty interesting self-tour. Who knew this was in my backyard? This was a brief respite from the heat, although I think my curiousity would be a more accurate culprit for the "break".
Picked up some new trail runners, GoLite Sundragons. My old trail runners are on the verge of toastdom. Check out www.golite.com to check them out.
Ended the day with picking up CJ and having a Father's Day feast!
No comments:
Post a Comment