I even backed my way into a lunch meeting just so I could nourish myself through the long and trying day. I usually spend the bulk of my time trying to back out of meetings...I believe karma will have a strong future role in this ordeal.
So I headed home and ran a couple miles or 25 minutes.
Yesterday I ran all over Baltimore with a gaggle of PHHers during the first annual PHH Amazing Race. Six teams of five competed in a tooth and nail grinder that hit points east, west, south, north and points in between solving clues and collecting various trinkets to rack up the most points. I didn't know B-more had so may cool little places. I think it's a highly underrated city, which can probably be directly correlated to our phenomenal overachievement in field of murder. In fact, we were a couple minutes behind a double murder in Piggtown. We were there before most of the police. Thankfully we didn't see bodies and what not.
Best moment...being in the underbelly of the Lithuanian Hall after some shmoozing with the building manager. The tour took us to what appeared to be a board room, which was found after a maze of rooms, bars, closets, etc. It was dark and dingy with florescent lights acting as a backdrop. I thought I was walking into the past. It reminded me of every Cold War movie I've ever seen. The guy was the nicest person and we got a picture of a shield that no one else would have been able to find...bonus points.
Oh...I also had a Brooks Robinson sighting. After being star struck (doesn't happen to me much, but old HOF Orioles get me every time) and fumbling with the camera, I missed a golden photo op. Dammit!
My Team
(in front of Cafe Hon)So the race was my exercise for the day...wrapped it up at the Waterfront Hotel in Fell's Point to watch the Taylor's. The lead guitarist is ri-donk-ulous.
Tonight, I'm thinking 5 miles.
Bye,
Cycle
No comments:
Post a Comment