Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Let it Rain

We haven't seen rain in a while in these parts. Last night the skies opened up. I still went on my trail run...rain and all. It felt refreshing. It felt like my old club soccer days in high school when we practiced rain or shine. The smell of the wet earth was sweet.

I opted to do some hill repeats. Two in the beginning and three at the end. The rest of the run was pretty smooth. I brought along the Petzl and it got some use at the end of my run. I'm not sure if it's exactly what I want/need. Yes, it does give off some decent light, but not enough for my usage. It is better suited for night hiking or camping. I may have to return the light. I'll give it one more whirl. It said it threw light up to 17 meters (rough guesstimate 50 feet)...it felt more like 15 feet. We'll see. Maybe the rain had something to do with it, but I intend to occassionally use it in the rain.

After my run, I hopped into the truck and headed home to whip up some stuffed salmon from Trader Joe's. I liked it, wifey not so much. Oh well. Next time I take her to Trader Joe's to pick something that she likes!

Cobi Joan is now a caged animal. She has been relegated to the kitchen during the work day. She has been a bad girl around the house, so she has free reign in the kitchen. Note: K and I have sometimes been bad parents by not coming home quickly after work, so we'll sit in the kitchen during the weekend :) Sorry Cobi girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all I had was chicken and gravy on waffles (unfortuantely prepared by me)