Monday, September 26, 2005

The weekends are too short!

Saturday started with a Bike and Run at Loch Raven -Seminary. The cast of characters were Hoppe, Volk and myself. We hit the regular 10-12 mile loop. Hop and I rode single, while Volk was on his old trusty steed (he's still waiting on his SC Blur LT...4 months and counting!!).

Not too many surprises...Hoppe smoked us. We all made good times. After the ride we did a 2-2.5 mile trail run. Wow that was different. There definitely is an art to this that I will need to figure out. Maybe it's as simple as ride and run hard.

Got a new headlamp, a Petzl Tikka Plus. I may try it out on a trail run tonight. I will let you know how that works.

Sunday was relatively a chill day. Some housework, but no rigorous outdoor activity. My brain has been re-wired to crave some sort of activity outdoors. So, although not outdoors, I steamed our carpet. Good times!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the headlamps you used at Big Bear?

Cam said...

Big Bear lighting system is helmet or bar mount only (NiteRider). The PEtzl is for trail running, hiking, camping. Wouldn't be caught dead doing any of those things with a helmet with the fear of people sweeping me off to the closest asylum.