What the hell happened to RideCam? It was supposed to be an account of all my work bike commutes. Then it morphed into all things bike-related. Then craft beer. Then the daily epistles of my misfortunes. Well here comes RideCam v. 5.0. Back to the heart of the matter...the sports that make my world turn. LESS preaching, wallowing, party antics. MORE biking, adventure racing, running and other athletically-motivated adventures. A sprinkle here and there of the new beer I had or partying antics that ruined or enhanced my training. Otherwise, you'll be getting straight up RideCam as it was intended (no more commuting...work commitments have taken priority). On with the Ride....
Injury update. Bad way to start a new blog, but the facts are the facts. Over training, under treating and poor job site attire have rendered me useless. A twisted ankle that I didn't doctor fully is giving me a run for my money. I have acquired runner's knee which has made me feel like an 80 year old man. I stepped on a nail helping my buddy with some home repair. I'm taking this week off and hopefully hopping on the bandwagon starting next Monday.
Adventure racing. Looks like we are getting a ground swell of possible racers for our upcoming races, which means we'll actually have to be somewhat organized to see who wants to race and when. With a new series of races popping up in PA, we'll have an opportunity to race more locales and the ability to spread the love amongst racers. I may be the de facto organizer. Details coming forthwith.
24 hour racing. Big Bear is in our sites and Moab may be in the future. We are hoping to get to Moab, but it may be a challenge with our schedules. Time will tell.
Running. The Frederick half-marathon is quickly approaching and my injuries have me a little concerned. I envision being ready to run, but I'll probably have to adjust my goals from a timed goal to a plain "just finish without walking" goal. A little scuffle in the ranks has me worried about the Marine Corps marathon. I may have to push my marathon aspiration into next year.
Road Riding. Although I probably won't race, I assume I'll be doing the Wine Fest ride again. It's a fun ride for a great cause. And road riding is a large portion of my training regimen, which alleviates the abuse I put on both bike and body.
Events in the Mixer
April 29th. Sprint AR in PA
May 6th. The Frederick Half Marathon (paid)
May 26th. OAR 24 hour AR at New River Gorge in WV
June 9-10. 24 Hours of Big Bear
June 30-31. 24 hour AR in PA
August 5th. 12 hour AR in PA
October 13-14. 24 Hours of Moab
October 21st. Sprint AR in PA
I may need a good masseuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment