Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Another weekend down

I had a pretty eventful weekend. I kicked off Friday with some pasta and some beers at a local watering hole, Liberatore's. Got some shut eye, woke up and prepped for a long haul bike ride. I started with a 35 and 4 in mind, but the day was so nice I extended my bike ride to 57.4 miles (per the Garmin).

I headed out my front door in Owings Mills and rode to McDaniel College where I was surprised to see Spring Flingers partying...it does my heart well. I was a little bit nutritionally challenged as I thought I was only doing 35 miles, but Perpeteum kept me strong until the last 5 miles where I popped coming up Deer Park from the reservoir...thank you granny gear.

I napped, I showered, I headed to Z-man's (aka, Everyday) in Arlington to celebrate the birth of one of our high school buddies. Good times until my cell phone alarm went off at 7ish in the morning and off to see Brad's first road race in Columbia. He rode strong and would've finished well, but got pinched in the last 100ish meters before the finish line. He crashed out, garnering some gnarly looking road rash, etc. See folks, this is why roadies shave legs. That and it makes your calves look huge!!! Brad...mad props to you in your first race!!!

Brad up front on lap 8, making it look like a ride in the park (note upright position compared to other riders...that's silly strong).


After the crash (Harshman on the left, mangled Brad center, HalfCam in the rear)


Photos courtesy of Eric "Pinarello"

Sunday evening I enjoyed the musical stylings of Sevendust at Ram's Head with Hoppe. I was expecting a loud, brash and noisy evening. While all of that occurred, I really enjoyed the show they put on. I never thought heavy metal show could end up being emotional/spiritual/something along those lines.

Monday I ran around Frederick...teeth cleaned, road bike adjusted, 29er tire found, lunch and Hefe's ingested and naps had...good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on my oath, every race from now on will be pure aggression. i rode too conservatively and gave too much respect to a weak pace. attacking is what these cowards deserve. this is sparta!