I finalized some race issues last night by picking up some Perpeteum, some Clif Blocks, and some batteries. I still need to decide which solid food I'll be bringing along, which will be used as a much needed diversion from the gel and liquid diet. My finicky stomach makes this decision difficult. I'm thinking PB & Honey and some trail mix (how cliche).
I got in a lazy 30 minute run just to shake off the nervous energy and some cobwebs.
All my gear is laid out for final review tonight. I want to get a solid night of sleep, so my final decision will be, do I sleep at home or at Zack's? My gut says home.
This will be the last post before the race. I assume people can check live updates (or semi-live) via http://www.checkpointzero.com/ and/or http://www.oarevents.com. Our team in Rolling Thunder, Pouring Rain (a 4-man team).
Giro: Crank 18.8, Ride 46.8. Popo is killing me. With Hincapie dropping out, I'm not sure whether Popo has a shot or if his podium chances just increased. His first day w/o Capie was pretty dismal.
No comments:
Post a Comment