Monday, May 14, 2007

A-town Boogie

Headed to Arlington...again, to hang with the A-town crew. Friday night was more or less a blur. We had grand plans to run in the Clarendon 10k, but 7am came way too quickly. Later on Saturday, Zack and I hit Hemlock Overlook's permanent orienteering course. With compass and map in hand we set off on a bushwacking excursion. It was the first time in a long time that I've orienteered and this course was tough. Z-man and I found 4 or 5 checkpoints out of the scheduled 8 we wanted to hit.

After our excursion, we headed back home for some grub and headed back out into Arlington, meeting up with Wilson and Hedges and crew.

Sunday, Zack and I hit Gambrill to mountain bike. This was Z-ball's first attempt at Gambrill and basically his first assault on a mountain bike trail. He struggled a bit at the start, but was a very quick study. I figured that this would be the roughest terrain we'll see at the AR (and probably won't see more than 2 miles of it), so I'm confident in his abilities.

No comments: