Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Taper Man

Worked from home yesterday and instead of eating lunch, I ran 3 miles at Soldier's Delight. I told myself over and over...only one loop! As I got to the end of the western loop, I started to cross the road to the east side. It was difficult, but I pulled up and headed back to my truck.

I'm starting to realize that training is more about consistency and sticking to the plan, than it is about sheer volume. Finding the thin line between the two can be difficult. As they say, there is no "cramming" in training.

I am feeling real good about this race, which may be the kiss of death. But, all cylinders are clicking along. The only unknown element is the rafting, but that will boil down to the guide we get and luck.

In other news, I hit the John Butler show at Sonar last night. Sonar is an amazing venue and the show was amazing.

And a big thanks to my RT/PR teammate, Mick, for sending us advice on how to avoid bowel movements during the adventure race...wow.

Giro: Crankenstein - 60.8, RideCam - 79.4. Our picks are starting to flesh out. They have entered the true GC contention stages, weeding out the sprinters and the wannabes from the top spots. Barring any unfortunate events, our picks seem to be pretty solid.

No comments: