Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm baaack in the (commuter) saddle again...

Hit my 15-16 mile commuter run this morning and it felt great. I forgot how nice it felt to wake up and get some spin in your legs. It humped my work clothes, towel/toileteries and other gear in my AR bag, totalling about 6-8 lbs. The GoLite backpack is a huge improvement to the messenger bag by way of weight distibution which eased the pressure on my left shoulder.

Here are some of the vitals (approximations):

Mileage: 15-16 (factoring in some short detours I took on the typical route)

Time: 47 minutes (by way off cell phone clock)

Weather: started a little nippy, but warmed up quickly

Issues: The mechanic didn't do a proper adjustment on the rear derailleur, so I couldn't click into the small gear in the rear cluster. Not a big issue though.

After the ride, I stretched out and did a few lifts in the gym at work.

GIRO NEWS: Crankenstein is winning the Overall GC Podium Pool at 72.4 points to RideCam's even 90. The race is still young at stage 3...today being a race day.

Oh, this week is Ride Your Bike to Work Week.

No comments: