Friday, August 05, 2005

Fish Fry Friday

Not much family info came trickling in as I had first thought it would. I did have the pleasure of visiting with my Aunts Linda and Barbara in Arlington, VA on Saturday. It was great to hear the stories of my cousins and what not. Sounds like Nick is getting ready to enjoy his senior year at Colorado College after spending time in Italy. Carly and Crystal will be college buddies at U of Wisconsin. Maybe they will pick up the torch where Linda and Barbara left off. God help the good ol' U of W :)

After a great meal made by the expert hands of Barbara, we discussed other goings-ons including the Tour. Barbara has been enjoying riding her bike on the paths on Arlington/DC, including the 4th of July where she was forced to take a drink out of her water bottle at a police checkpoint. Thinking the officers were being helpful based on her strenous workout, she later realized that they only wanted her to take a gulp to ensure it wasn't explosive...HAHAHA! You work for the government all your life and now they make you drink the Kool-Aid...I thought it was the other way around :)

Linda ended her visit with a brief jaunt up to Bethany Beach in Delaware with Barbara. Not a bad way to wrap things up and I believe the weather was nice next to the ocean.

Oh, I ran into this guy and his lovely wife (AKA Dad and Mom)







TODAY'S RIDE: Commute

Morning
Distance: 14.1
Time: 0:49:29
Avg. Speed: 17 mph
Conditions: High 70's, slightly humid

I broke 50 minutes again!! This time I had a heavy load due to casual Friday. The additional load included shoes and jeans, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I definitely felt it on some of the climbs. Last night I invested in a dozen Honey Stinger packets. They treated me well so far...I love me some honey. I also bought Cytomax singles for recovery. Only time will tell with those.

Looking forward to cutting out of work early and rolling home...maybe I'll take some detours. It's Friday...what the hell!

Evening
Distance: 14.1 plus a little trek around the backroads of Glyndon Proper.
Time: 0:59:01
Avg Speed: 14.3
Conditions: Hot and Humid, mid-90's, on the verge of raining

I indeed took it easy on the way home. I tried to enjoy the scenery which there is a lot of on Belfast and Butler. I wish I had my camera, but now I know what shots I would like to get. Plus I don't think I could have carried much more.


Hoppe is working his magic on the EtD logo. We have retired the Bruce Lee images to the Singletrack of Fame based on possible copyright issues that could arise. We don't need none of that!!! Check out Hops site, 7MC to spy some of the new logos (in the first post).

No comments: