Funny "HA", not funny "HA-HA". The bee family exacted its revenge on me after the mass murder of one of its sects. As I was loading my bike on top of my car yesterday I felt a burning sensation coming from my stomach. I thought it was from the heat of the car door. As I backed away from the vehicle the sensation continued. Sure enough, a bee flew out of my jersey and I was left with a quarter-sized welt on my belly!
The good news is that the nests in front of my house are gone. Mission Accomplished. And not in the George Bush/Naval Ship kind of "Accomplished". The buggers are gone and I can freely walk in and out of our house without the eminent threat of swarms of bees.
OPERATION: BUZZ OFF
STATUS: SUCCESS
CASE CLOSED
TODAY'S RIDE: Mountain Bike, Loch Raven - Seminary Trail
Distance: approx. 10 miles
Conditions: Blazing Hot. Period.
Hoppe put on a clinic today...no doubt about it...the kid is legit. He can go for days and has definitely set a new bar for my usual cast of characters. A long overdue raise...IMO. Ride Hard or Ride Home. I like it. I may have to throw it on a t-shirt!
My bike is having the same shifting issues which I hope to resolve tomorrow night with some TLC. Sorry Sugar Mama...Daddy hasn't been treating you right, but Dr. Phenomajon has been MIA!
No comments:
Post a Comment