Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Godfather of Roll

I think my legs are starting to revolt. Today's morning ride was a test of intestinal fortitude. Every hill was like a Hors Category climb. I switched my riding style up a bit and rolled the middle ring at a decent cadence. It worked considering my situation because I came in around my average time.

I also may have to re-think my pre-ride nutrition. It's hard to get up and force feed before a ride, but the calories are absolutely crucial. My stomach is pretty testy, so I can't just eat anything. I scarfed down a Clif Bar this morning...wrong answer. I may have to rely on gels instead. Hammer Gel and the oh so yummy Honey Stinger gels have treated me right. I also need to find a palatable energy drink to switch up the monotony of water.

After the Loch ride last evening, I got home and did the usual post-ride rituals (put bike away, shower, yada, yada, yada). When I got out of the shower my wife had a plate of hot roast beef and gravy with mac and cheese ready to be dealt with. After thinking I was going to die on the trails and then seeing this beautiful delicacy before me, I thought I had indeed gone to Heaven. It hit the spot and definitely put this kid to bed with a smile on his face!

TODAY'S RIDE: Commute

Morning
Distance: 14.1 miles
Time: 0:51:30
Avg Speed: 16.4 mph
Conditions: Low 80's, humid...not bad, but it is a bad sign for tonight's ride

Evening
Distance: 14.1 miles
Time: 56:31
Avg Speed: 14.9
Conditions: Gross! 96 and humid...yuck

No comments: