Sunday, August 28, 2005

Perfect

Good ride on Saturday with my boys Hoppe and Toby. Haven't had the Tob-man out on the trails for over 3 weeks. Unfortunately the chain on his single speed didn't want any part of being on the trail and exploded midway through. We tried a trail side fix and someone even gave us a master link but unfortunately the existing link was beyond repair and the link was SRAM not Shimano. Hoppe and I finished the ride in record time to meet Toby back at the car. However, at the end of our ride we split up. On the way back to the car I ran into a raccoon, not literally. This little guy was hunched and ready to fight as I came to a skidding stop. Needless to say, I was scared. I waited the little guy out for two or three minutes before he decided to Lolly-gag off into the woods.

After we all got back to the cars we headed to Chipotle for some burritos and then to Silver Spring for a couple beers. What a perfectly enjoyable afternoon. We were deciding whether to go back out on the trails or not, but we opted or one more beer instead.

I also hit up Trader Joe's for some groceries and made the discovery of a lifetime. They sell Usinger's!!!! Hell yeah!!!

The end of the day had me cooking meatball sammies on Ciabatti bread for my wife, who's headache was subsiding. A perfect ending to the perfect day.

Oh, the 24 hour camping trip is on for this weekend at Gambrill, so if you are reading this and want to attend, let a brotha know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would like to attend, but wife's bday is this sat. u.s. rematches mexico too, so set your dvr. i suppose while i'm here i should correct some early mythology: it was the mightly LEGS of atlas that held the heavens from the earth. pro tip of the day: let the saddle breathe...stop suffocating it with your fat arse! don't be afraid to climb/sprint out of the saddle as often as your punished legs permit.