Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What are you on?

"This is my body. And I can do with it whatever I want with it. I can push it. Tweak it. Study it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" - LANCE

That's a great quote. Something to live up to. Step it up, son!

I was on the Loch Raven Trails. Hoppe and Volk put on a show last night at Loch Raven. Hoppe again showing strong and Volk showing what he's always had but never displayed...an unmatched flow on the bike. Makes this kid want/need to get on his bike every breathing second.

I was on my bike, gloveless. A good time was had other than the fact that I forgot my gloves. Forget a piece of equipment and figure out why you really need it. Sweat + Rubber = Slip and Slide. My forearms worked double time to keep grip ending up in both forearm and hands cramps. I'm not sure what the deal was yesterday but I had a bad showing.

I was on my bed reading. A lot. Still reading Angels and Demons. Last night I picked the book up around 10:30 and when I went to bed the clock read 4:00. That will hurt today, but damn the book is good.

YESTERDAY'S RIDE: Mountain - Loch Raven Seminary

Distance: 10ish
Conditions: Weather was beautiful, trails were dry except for a few locations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of "what are you on", give us pix and details about your bike! you're only the engine, where's the rest of the equation? also, does your bike have a name? pro tip of the day: PAIN = STUN! keep this in mind at all times.

Cam said...

Does Crakenstein = Mr. Brainley?

Anonymous said...

Looks like the acorn falls not far from the tree - ie, reading in the early part of the day is ever so sweet -- allows one to really be absorbed into, or become one with, the prose.